Who we are.
We are a small community of people on a journey with God and each other, valuing our differences but being one in our central beliefs.
We celebrate by gathering in worship together and explore how God would have us live in our local community and share our story with others.
It was important for us to identify with a name. We explored and discussed a number of options but no suggestion received unanimous support. A creative friend then suggested Water2wine; it felt right and we identified with it.
The miraculous sign of the Wedding at Cana in John’s Gospel has multiple rich layers of symbolism.
- A Jewish wedding is a family celebration involving hospitality, joy and boisterous fun.
- Jesus used someone else’s wedding as a stage to launch his public ministry.
- Jesus responds to a personal request from Mary.
- Jesus solved a social disaster.
- The lowly servants were the only ones that were privy to so much that was happening.
- It was the best wine and provided in abundance.
- The old purification of water is replaced by the new wine of Jesus who gives us new life.